Deferring your 2020 Cambridge Cambourne 10k or Fun Run race place to 2021

Thank you for all the supportive messages I have received since we announced the cancellation of the Cambridge Cambourne 10k and Fun Run. It underlines to me what an important day this is in many of your running calendars and I we intend to run it again in 2021.

As a running club and charity, we do incur costs whilst organising these events. Any profit we normally make goes straight back to local charities and into our club trust fund, which is set up to support our athletes and also appropriate hardship cases. This year we will be in deficit. To help us support this, we are proposing that anyone that has entered the either of the 2020 events will have their place deferred to next year – obviously with no additional charges. You do not need to do anything, we will log all entries and carry over to next year.  If however you do not wish to take this up, then we can organise a refund. Just email with your PayPal receipt number and we can organise that for you.

In the meantime, thank you again for your support and see you next year!

Cambridge Cambourne 10k cancelled

I am sorry to announce that the Cambridge Cambourne 10k and Fun Run have been cancelled for 5th April 2020. We were doing our best as a team to see if we were able to support you all with the event. But recent Government and  UK Athletics advice  has meant we need to cancel the race.

“England Athletics advises that all face-to-face activity such as club training sessions, events, competitions, club committee and face-to-face meetings, athlete camps, running groups and social events should be suspended until at least the end of April.”

Due to current uncertainty and race calendars already filling up in the Autumn, we will not reschedule this year. We will plan to bring the races back in 2021 and hope you are all able to support us in the future.

In terms of deferring or refunds, we will contact you all very soon about next steps. We are a team of volunteers and need to work out the time involved to process this along with any costs that the club, as a charity, will incur. We will update as soon as we know.

Again, thank you for your support and we hope to see you all back in 2021!

Update on our 2020 race due to Covid-19

Many of you will be wondering whether our races are still going to happen on Sunday 5th April.  As with many events of this type, we are eagerly waiting on Government advice on group participation events/gatherings. UK Athletics, under which this race is affiliated, will respond to this advice with guidance. As soon as we know this, we will update this page.


Many thanks for your understanding.